If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans.
Our furry friends, who are oftentimes lifelong companions, play an inexplicably meaningful role in our lives. We come back home after long days of work comforted by the thought of a cat impatiently awaiting our return. We feel cheerful feeling the warmth (and saliva!) of a dog anxiously licking our palms. We just can’t imagine lives without our pets. In our culture, the bond between a human and a pet has unexpectedly become a symbol of genuine friendship.
Pet portraits are a tangible reflection of that unusual friendship between a human and a pet. Pet portraits are not just a reflection of an external appearance of our furry friend. They are much more. They are a reflection of the deep bond that has connected us with our animals. Our pet portraits go beyond what is visible for a novice. Our paint brush accurately captures personality, gestures and abilities. Just like it encapsulates a special bond that we care so much about.
Yes. We are fine portrait artists. But, we are also passionate dog lovers, cat admirers, horse riders, and rabbit caretakers. Over many years, we have enhanced our expertise in painting pet portraits and drawing animal paintings, learning first-hand from our interactions and communications with our furry companions.
We often receive requests to commission custom dog portraits from dog owners across the United States and Canada. We pride ourselves in 4 key features as we embark on preparing dog portraits for our patrons:
- 100% satisfaction: we aim to serve our patrons day and night. We want to ensure that our patrons are not only happy with the custom pet portraits they receive from us, but extremely pleased with the service they are provided with. If the similarity of your dog portrait to your dog is unsatisfactory, you do not have to accept it. We will happily take it on us, which makes us the only group pf artists in the United States with such an approach. We paint your dog portrait to make you happy. Truly.
- Precision: precision, attention and care are something that we take very seriously while painting your dog portrait. We carefully review submitted photos of your dog in different perspectives, and begin working on every single detail of a painting. It takes time to paint a portrait, especially a portrait from photo. Depending on the painting technique, it may take anywhere from 4 days (pastel paintings) to 30 days (oil paintings).
- Quality: we utilize high quality natural materials to paint dog portraits. Your painting will be very durable. It will never dye or bleach. The paint will never crack or fall off. Unfortunately, we oftentimes hear such complaints from patrons commissioning their pet portraits with other unprofessional “artists.” Our premium quality portraits from photos make use of natural oils and resins only. Your photo to painting will be of highest quality and durability.
- Understanding: we understand how special it is for you to commission a dog portrait. Just like us, you are a dog lover, and you want your furry companion immortalized on a beautiful and elegant painting. Owning dogs ourselves, we understand and share this remarkable passion for dog. Rest assured, we will do all we can to make your dog portrait a remarkable piece that will show appreciation and gratitude to the friendship between you and your furry friend.
Our cat portraits decorate houses of many families across the United States and Canada. In our experience, the most beautiful cat portraits come out on oil paintings. Oil paintings have the highest precision, accuracy and elegance. All because of the technique they are painted in.
In this premium technique, we utilize natural materials such as oils and resins in traditional painting. Oil paintings have multiple layers of oil, and each layer is allowed an appropriate drying time to achieve the most impressive results. This longer drying time also allows for making changes and corrections on a painting. Therefore, your cat portrait will be an elegant piece that will bring you a lot of positive feedback from your loved ones.
We also understand that you may not own a dog, cat or other pet. We understand that you might be an animal lover wishing to have an animal portrait representing wildlife animals. We have mastered the art of depicting various wild animals on our portraits. Our portfolio includes for instance the following:
- wildlife paintings
- equestrian paintings
- deer paintings
- elk paintings
- wolf paintings
Those remarkable animal portraits can decorate any house of any style for any occasion.
What’s the process of commissioning pet portraits at NoblePortrait.com?
Commissioning pet portraits and human custom portraits at Noble Portrait is very straightforward. If you would like more information or if you are ready to make an inquiry, please give us a call at or contact us online.
The following step-by-step guide will help you understand the processes of commissioning pet portraits and custom portraits:
- You connect with us via telephone or online.
- You send us photos, along with your specific requests for a painted portrait (please see below for only some of the options you may select).
- We send you a few designs for approval (that’s a chance to make any appropriate changes and corrections before we begin transforming your photo to painting).
- We paint your pet portrait with the guidelines that you provided us with.
- When a painting is 95% complete, we send you a photo of the painting to make any additional changes (also known as painting retouches).
- When your painted portrait is complete, we send you a photo of the final version of your pet portrait.
- With your We mail your pet portrait to you.
We make the process easy and quick for you. Because pet portraits are portraits painted from photos, we will request that you send several high resolution pictures of your furry friend. You may submit your photos with the online form, or upload it to google drive, dropbox, onedrive or any other cloud-based platform.
Some of the options that you may wish to select include the following:
- 20″ x 16″
- 24″ x 20″
- 27″ x 20″
- 24″ x 24″
- 31″ x 24″
- 27″ x 27″
- 35″ x 27″
- 39″ x 31″
- Other arrangements possible
Each pet portrait commissioned at Noble Portrait is the epitome of high quality, durability and sophisticated artistic value. Your pet painting may be delivered on a canvas stretched on a pine painting loom (stretcher).
We are happy to paint and draw pet portraits in several painting techniques, which include but are not limited to the following:
- oil and acrylic, painted on canvas,
- pastel and graphite, drawn on a special paper Canson,
- digital, completed on a computer.
Oil portraits deliver impressive effects. Should you wish to be a happy owner of high-end quality pet portrait, we would strongly encourage you to consider oil paintings. Unlike oil portraits, acrylic portraits have a short drying time. This specific characteristic may limit visual effects obtainable by an artist otherwise. However, a short drying time of acrylic paintings enable us to deliver an acrylic custom portrait in just a few days. Acrylic pet portraits cost a little less than oil paintings. Of all techniques mentioned, pastel portraits can be completed in the shortest amount of time. We may draw pet portrait from photo in just a few days for affordable prices. Pencil portraits require a lot of tedious work, for each shade on the face need to be done with intricate care and precision.
Description / concept of your pet portrait
While we transform photos to paintings, we are very flexible in terms of composition of your painted portraits. All we need from you is the description of what you would like to have on your artwork. We are able to do anything that you can describe in words, ranging from putting pets that are on separate pictures, adjusting the background, adding a specific tune to the background, or correcting some of the physical features of your pets.
Would you like to change anything on the background (or maybe you would like another background altogether)? Would you like your pet portrait be idealized, abstract or realistic? Would you like your pet to be in a specific composition? Tell us. We will craft your painting according to your expectations and needs.
Delivery of pet portraits
Your painting will be typically mailed via United States Postal Services and/or other national couriers (depending on where in the world you are). If you’d like an expedited package, we will be happy to mail your custom pet portrait as a priority package, or utilize FedEX, UPS, DHL, etc. Don’t worry – your painting will be very carefully wrapped so the possibility of damages is at the minimum. You may also pick up the portrait in person in select cities.
Pet portrait pricing
We would like to emphasize that paintings are truly customized to your needs. Painting size, technique, colors, and concepts are all of your choosing. Therefore, we will provide you with the exact pricing upon receiving photographs with detailed description.
EXTRA: If you commission more than one custom painting from us, you will be eligible for a special discount. You will also receive a discount when a patron that you refer also commissions a custom portrait from us.